Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Hate School!

Yesterday Isaac stayed home because of tummy problems, today it started again just about the time we had to leave the house. This time was different though, he didn't look sick and no throwing up. He just didn't want to go to school. Once I finally got him in the car I was trying to figure out why he hates school. His words, not mine. The answer, like always, was "everything." Everything is hard. I kept trying to find out exactly what is hard. Is it the kids, are they mean?  Is it the work?  Is it the hallways with all the peop

He has a lot of things that are hard, here are a few things that he told me.
     1. The work is too hard.
     2. I don't like sitting down all day.
     3. I don't like the teachers calling on me to answer questions.
     4. There are other things but it is just to hard to explain.

This was his list so far. Well, he is getting straight A's, so I don't think the work is too hard. It must be something else. He said its too hard to concentrate. O.K. maybe I can work with that. Next sitting all day. I tried to give him some options of things we can do throughout the day, like get bathroom breaks, or have the teachers give him things to take to the office, or get up and stretch in the classroom. "No that won't work, nothing will work!" He shouted at me. I also told him I would talk to his teachers about calling on him for now. I know there are so many other things going on. I just don't know how else to help him. He doesn't qualify for Special ED, because of his test scores and grades. I will be talking to his psychologist today to see what else I can do.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Please share your stories with me, and anything that may be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment